Monday, January 11, 2010

Moving From The Couch

It is amazing how grad school makes me feel ridiculously lazy. I want to do nothing other than relax once I get off work and finish my school assignments. What once was working out daily, quickly turned into "Lost" episodes in front of the tube. I have been telling myself over and over again "I will go to the gym tomorrow". Well.... tomorrow never comes.
Over New Year's, a friend was telling me how much she enjoys running. I thought back to when I was in better shape. Instantly I knew what I needed to do. For two weeks now, I have been fighting the urge to workout. I make every excuse in the book. The one that normally wins is "it is way to cold outside". I must say it is a pretty valid excuse. I see people running outside when the temp is below freezing. I don't know how they do it. Today it occurred to me that I can continue this battle as long as I want but it won't change the fact that I am not in shape.
I would like to officially announce to the world that I will begin the couch to 10k program this week. It would be a lot easier if I could do it with friends and be outdoors. But I cannot change the weather. So....If any of you have a YMCA membership and want to join my journey, please do!

1 comment:

  1. i don't know how i missed this post, but yay!!! i attempted the couch to 5K (not 10K) this past summer and made it to week 3 and was realized how much i really hate running. :) but i will gladly do zumba, step, kickboxing, any other fun dance/aerobic/workout class!

    this is a great blog topic though, now we can see your processs!!! and maybe you can get more followers!

    ReplyDelete